Thursday, August 18, 2011

Have fun!

Hello everyone.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Just think, tomorrow is FRIDAY! The start of another wonderful weekend. The weather has been pretty nice here in Central Arkansas. It has been in the upper 80's and low 90's and the humidity has been low. Makes it great for walks.....and mowing. UGH. We have 12 acres to mow and it doesn't really seem like a lot but when it keeps raining, by the time it dries up enough to mow, it rains again. HEHEHEHE.

I am currently sewing a table runner together for my mother to match the quilt that I made for her. The quilt still needs binding but then it will be finished. The table runner is the corner scraps from the blocks that are in her quilt. I will show you this in the video I am uploading. It was a very easy project and the top didn't take long about a days worth of cutting and sewing blocks together.

I had to get an appointment for the longarm quilting machine at Quilters Corner in Heber Springs, Arkansas. You can rent the longarm for $15.00 an hour which is great. I had to wait 3 weeks to get in but when I did, it was so worth it. It took about 3 hours to learn the machine and quilt the entire thing. The quilt is 53" x 48". This is the biggest quilt I have tackled so far. I like having the option to longarm quilt my pieces and not have it taking up so much space in my room. I just get everything done and together and take it up there and Doyle helps me set up the machine and off I go. I can't say enough good things about this couple that owns this shop. Doyle and Pam Dawson are very friendly and helpful on just about anything. They will tell you like it is. They will tell you if something is good or bad as far as fabric, notions and machines. They aren't out to make the all mighty dollar before seeing to your needs. Yes this is their business but they do customer satisfaction FIRST! I love that. They aren't pushy to sell you something but there if you have questions. All the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable.
Now, lets talk about fabric selection! They have so many choices and colors that you could spend ALL DAY in there. If you get tired, they have a seat for you. I just love going to Quilter's Corner!!!!

WARNING ON VIDEO: On my update video I am so sorry that it is all over the place. I will do better next time. LOL. I am not trying to make anyone dizzy but I almost made myself dizzy. LOL. Anyway, I will close for now but keep checking in as I will be posting my projects and hope that you will do them with me too!
Have a wonderful day and a great weekend!

Kasey


No comments:

Post a Comment