Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Long time

Hello everyone. Sorry it has been such a long time since I have posted but I have had many things going on lately. My very close uncle passed away last week and I wasn't able to go down and be with family as I was not able to handle it on top of what I am already dealing with. I would have lost it and had a breakdown. So, in order to cope with his passing I have been trying to meditate....I guess I don't know what I am doing wrong but I don't feel any different when I am "trying" to meditate. So I have been quilting a lot. I have done a couple of quilts in the past but they have always taken forever. This one seems to be going pretty smoothly and I have a rhythm going. I am making a quilt for my mother, which it was her brother that passed away. She loves quilting and her aunt does too. I want to do a block of the month (BOM) also but don't want to start that until I get her's finished. I am going to take it to the local (26 miles from my house) quilt shop and quilt it on a long arm machine. I have never used one and think it is going to be so much easier than doing it on my home machine.

Which speaking of home machines, I just got a Brother HE-240 sewing and embroidery machine! I absolutely love it! I love everything about this machine. From the ease of threading the bobbin to the machine cutting the thread for me at the end of a stitch. The embroidery part is awesome as well. So many things I can do with this machine. I can hook it up to my computer and import a file and embroider it. On my machine, since it is a lower end one, it will only do a 4" x 4" area at a time. You can get a program and split the bigger image that you want to embroider and do it that way. I haven't tried that yet but I will. I am slowly building my polyester thread collection. There are soooooo many colors. It is like looking at a bunch of Copic markers. LOL.

I will be posting some of the embroidery and quilt pictures soon. I am sorry for leaving you all so long with now word. I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful week.
Hugs all around,
Kasey

1 comment:

  1. nice to see u back hun sorry u have been going through so much xx thinking of u xx let me know if ur selling ur old sewing machine xx

    ReplyDelete